MedApps provides a comprehensive health management platform and suite of tools that effectively connects patients to their healthcare providers and electronic medical record in order to enhance patient care and drive down related costs – delivering the benefits of remote health monitoring to a broader patient population.
At the forefront of the MedApps product line is HealthPAL, a portable and dedicated remote monitoring device that aids healthcare providers in obtaining vital biometric data – in a timely, accurate and organized manner. HealthPAL seamlessly gathers and sends patient readings to their electronic medical record for access by their professional care providers.
HealthPAL is simple, flexible and mobile. Some of HealthPAL's benefits include the following:
• Allows patients with chronic conditions to be monitored from a distance – typically in their home setting.
• Easy set-up for both the patient and the clinician – usually in as little as 15 minutes.
• Simple to operate for users of all ages and technological skill levels – transmitting data is completely automated.
• Dedicated device eliminates the need for hand-written logs, manual data entry, smart phones and computers to supply timely, accurate health data to care providers.
• Fits easily and discretely into a variety of lifestyles and daily activities – allows users to take wherever they need to be and not tethered to a “point of care” location.
Collecting Weight Readings –
Using HealthPAL with the A&D 321PBT Medical Scale
Collecting SpO2 Readings –
Using HealthPAL with the Nonin 9560 Pulse Oximeter
LifeScan OneTouch® Ultra® 2
Bayer Contour® Glucose Meter
Abbott FreeStyle Lite® Glucose Meter
Abbott FreeStyle Freedom Lite®
Nipro TRUEbalance™ Glucose Meter
Nipro TRUEresult® Glucose Meter
Clients using HealthPAL have demonstrtated a significant return on investment (ROI) and a lower total cost of ownership, through savings in both time and money – along with increased efficiencies of resources.
Enabling "proactive' care versus "reactive" care is one of the demonstrated core benefits of telehealth and remote patient monitoring – keeping chronic conditions in check by keeping patients out of more costly disease states. HealthPAL delivers efficient remote health monitoring capability, more cost effectively at about one-third the price of competeing telehealth systems.
MedApps utilizes lower-cost retail components from proven and trusted manufacturers. And the ability to provide equipment re-assignment with easier and faster implementation, requiring a minimum amount of time for training, deployment and service, offers the highest value in the industry.